General Terms & Conditions for participants of conferences, courses and workshops of the HLMC Events GmbH
- These standard terms and conditions of HLMC Events GmbH, Linienstr. 131, 82041 Oberhaching, Germany (hereafter referred to as "HLMC") apply to all services in respect of conferences, training courses, workshops, event series and similar training offers (hereafter referred to as "events") that HLMC provides for participants.
2 Registration & Contractual Arrangements
- Offers made by HLMC to participate in events are subject to change and without obligation.
- Legally binding registration for events as a participant may only be made online, by fax or email.
- Acceptance of the participant's registration by HLMC is only binding once written confirmation of the registration (Registration Confirmation) has been received from HLMC. Confirmation may also be made by fax or email.
- The decision regarding acceptance of registrations from participants is made by HLMC. There is no legal entitlement to participation.
- The participant fee is per person and event and subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. It includes participation in the respective event including food and beverages, participant documentation and, if appropriated, participation in an evening event.
- Participation in only part of any day's event does not give any entitlement to a reduction in the daily rate.
4 Travel and Accommodation
- The customer and/or participant is always responsible for travel and accommodation. Hotel costs are to be settled by the participant directly with the respective hotel venue.
5 Payment Terms
- Fees for attending events are due in full 14 days after receipt of the invoice.
- Invoice queries can only be considered if the reasons are made in writing to HLMC within 14 days of the invoice being received.
- The first reminder in respect of late payment is free of charge. An additional administration charge of EUR 5.00 will be made for each subsequent reminder.
- Following receipt of the registration confirmation the participant may nominate a substitute participant in writing up to 14 days prior to the start of the event. This change is free of charge; multi-day events can only be changed for their entirety
7 Cancellation by the Participant
- Cancellations of registrations can be made in writing, by fax or by email (with confirmation) and are free of charge up to 14 days after receiving the invoice. Cancellations or part-cancellations after those 14 days and up to 14 before the event are charged with a fee of EUR 200,00 plus 19% VAT. The full participation fee is due in the event of a later cancellation or no-show.
8 Cancellation by HLMC
- HLMC is entitled to cancel the contract without notice where the participant defaults on payment of the participation fee and payment has not been made by the final deadline set. The right to cancel the contract without notice for other reasons remains unaffected.
- HLMC is entitled to cancel the contract up to 30 days before the start of the event if it is likely that the event cannot take place due to an insufficient number of participants. Any payments already made will be refunded to the participant. Any further claims against HLMC by the participant are excluded, in particular there is no entitlement to compensation in respect of travel and accommodation costs, as well as lost working time, unless the costs are as a result of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of HLMC.
- If an event cannot be held as a result of a force majeur (environmental disasters, fire, strikes, etc.), participants will be notified immediately. In this case the participation fee will not be refunded. Entitlement to compensation for travel and accommodation costs, as well as lost working time, is excluded, unless such costs arise due to gross negligence of wilful misconduct on the part of HLMC.
9 Changes to Programmes
- The content of conferences may vary from the advertised programme. HLMC is entitled to substitute advertised speakers with others and to make other necessary changes whilst maintaining the overall character of the conference.
10 Video and Sound Recordings
- HLMC is permitted to arrange photographic, graphic, film and video recordings of events and participants, and to use them for marketing purposes. The participant gives his/her consent to this as required. The same applies to filming by the press and/or TV companies done in agreement with HLMC.
- Participants themselves are not permitted to make audio, film or video recordings of an event or participants.
11 Liability and Compensation
- All events are planned and run with the utmost care. However there is no liability for a successful training outcome.
- HLMC is not liable for any losses caused by third parties (e.g.: exhibitors, participants and staff at the event location).
- HLMC accepts liability for injury to life, body or health and for losses that are due to negligence or wilful infringement in respect of a cardinal duty by HLMC or its legal representatives or vicarious agents, in accordance with statutory legal requirements. Cardinal duties are duties whose fulfilment enable an orderly execution of the contract made and the adherence to which the customer is entitled to routinely expect.
- HLMC accepts liability for losses that do not fall under clause 3 when they are due to gross negligence on the part of HLMC or due to a wilful or gross negligent act of a representative or vicarious agent of HLMC. Liability is however restricted to typical foreseeable losses.
12 Copyright and Trademark Rights
- HLMC grants the participant non-exclusive and non-transferable right of use in respect of all documentation handed out in hard or soft copy for the purpose of training. All rights, including reproduction and copying any part or all of the event documentation, as well as making it available to the public, remain with HLMC.
- No part of the event documentation or the copyright- and trademark-protected software used may be reproduced, edited, copied, distributed, broadcasted or made available to the public in any form - even for training purposes - without the written permission of HLMC. This particularly applies to the use of electronic systems. Software, in particular, may not be removed from the training room.
- Registration details provided to HLMC for processing the contract are digitally stored.
- HLMC will treat details provided by the participant confidentially and only use them in accordance with privacy regulations. Personal details are all details stored in relation to the name of the participant.
- Inventory information provided by the participant (first name, name, delivery and invoice address, email address; and depending on the payment method, bank details, credit card number and expiry date) will be stored by HLMC in its customer database and used for providing the service and for invoicing and - if necessary - passed on to any appointed service providers.
- Unless otherwise indicated by the participant, HLMC will notify the participant about future products and events of the organiser by post, email or telephone.
14 House Rules
- The house rules at the event location are to be observed.
- Changes and amendments to this contract including additional agreements are only valid when made in writing.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
- The sole place of jurisdiction for any disputes resulting from or in connection with the contract for which these standard terms and conditions are valid is Munich.